What is the condition of your books?
We grade our books according to the following guidelines:
- Brand New – Brand new books that are directly from publishers, distributors or the authors themselves.
- Like New – The book is in excellent condition. It could be an unread copy or a gently read secondhand book. Dust cover is intact. Pages are clean, with no underlining/highlighting of text, and no handwriting. The book may show remainder marks or some degree of shelf wear.
- Very Good – An unread copy with minor flaws or a copy that has been read, but remains in very good condition. Pages are intact and are not marred by notes or highlighting, but may contain a previous owner name with dedication or minimal underlining/highlighting of text. All pages are present and undamaged. The book may be ex-library, with usual treatments including stamping on top/bottom/fore-edge of the book. It may also contain some light tanning (discolouration) or spots and the spine may be slightly creased.
- Good – An unread copy or a used copy that remains in clean condition. May contain minimal damage to the cover. The spine may show some creases. Pages may include limited notes and highlighting but not an excessive amount. No missing pages and the majority of pages undamaged. May contain light to medium tanning on the pages and edges. The book may be ex-library with usual treatments including stamping on top/bottom/fore-edge of the book. Possible loose bindings, minor water damage, worn corners or torn dust jackets.
- Acceptable – A well-read copy with significant wear. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact (the dust cover may be missing). Pages may include considerable notes and medium to heavy tanning (discolouration) but do not interfere with readability. The book may be ex-library with usual treatments and may have some damages such as warping and water or binding damage. Suitable as a reading copy.
All of our books with condition categories of Like New, Very Good, Good and Acceptable are secondhand – most have been read by the previous owner – and will show signs of wear and use.
Books that are rejected will be sent for recycling including badly damaged and counterfeit books. We examine and grade every book with care, but if you are not entirely satisfied please get in touch with us via email or PM us on Books n Bobs Facebook page.
Should you have any further questions regarding the condition of our books, please contact us at [email protected]om. We are always happy to help.